Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In the trenches...

It usually downpours in in April, and by May, there are flowers and tree buds galore. But this May, here in NY, that's not quite the case! A few weeks back friends of mine at work deliberated about making an "essential" and "timeless" investment... the Burberry trench.

I didn't post about it right away because at the time, I'll admit, I was a skeptic. Why drop that much money on something you'll wear only a few times a year? My thoughts were, "I'll give you $30 to buy a trench at H&M. Spend the money you
would have spent on the trench on a pair of delicious Christian Louboutin's, instead." At least you don't have to take those off when you're out cuttin' a rug!

But we're 21 days into May and the rain hasn't stopped. And now I'm starting to think that the Burberry trench might be a wise purchase after all.

Only thing is, Christine and Joie are all talk. They're too busy buying sun dresses and beach cover-up's. One goes off to Anguilla, and the other takes off for Puerto Rico, and I am left in rainy New York blogging about something they will likely never buy.

Christine $1,295





















Joie $1,695

No comments: