Thursday, May 8, 2008

A bride needs to dress her bridesmaids...










I am helping Kelly, my friend and my boss at the shelter where I volunteer (http://www.animalhavenshelter.org/), find a dress for her bridesmaids.

Some background:
A manager at Animal Haven SoHo, Kelly is wedding her musician fiance on Sunday, September 21 at 4:30 in the afternoon at a marina on eastern Long Island.

I've seen Kelly's dress, it's sexy and hip and it happens to be gorgeous on her! So while Kelly has her dress figured out for the big day, right now, her five bridesmaids are wearing the towels they come out of the shower with... unless, of course,
you can help her!

Kelly is not a big color person. The few colors she does admire tend to be earthy colors such as browns, off whites, and metallics. A true Leo, Kelly also loves dark red colors which is why the flowers on her big day will be dark red mixed with lighter shades of red and mango.

Kelly's dress is an antique, metallic white so keep that in mind as you learn that the color she would like the women to be in is a light color -- possibly ivory or champagne.

I put my shopping skills to work and came up with several options in the requested price range that are both long and short. Please vote on which one you like best for Kelly's outdoor, fall wedding. And if Kelly happens to seal the deal on one of these, I'll be sure to write a follow-up post.

On behalf of Kelly and me, thanks for reading and for voting!

Option 1 - A.B.S. chiffon v-neck gown in pale gold















Option 2
- Nicole Miller silk halter gown in champagne















Option 3
- Maggy London chiffon charmeuse gown in ivory















Option 4
- Maggy London beaded chiffon dress in alabaster














Option 5
- Yoana Barasachi silk eyelet dress in sand















Option 6
- Calypso satin wrap dress in cream


1 comment:

Evangelina Wowzers said...

Congratulations to the bride to be! All of the dresses are absolutely stunning, but my vote was for the Calypso dress. I am not sure what drew me to it, but I think it may have been the simplicity and color. After seeing the suggested selection, I remembered I received a Daily Candy a few months ago with a website for bridesmaids dresses- http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com/. The site drew my attention because I actually have this dress! It sort of resembles the dresses below, but the one plus is that it’s interchangeable and you won’t have bridesmaids complaining that they won’t wear the dress again. If my memory serves me well, I believe the dress is even sold at Calypso. I bought mine at Albertine, a small boutique in the West Village. It’s just a thought sparked by the sample of dresses below and the mention of Calypso. Again, all of the dresses are beautiful so you can’t go wrong! - Eva