Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No "oooo's" till fall...

...that's what I promised my new (insert the word "first" or "only," here) husband. First off, I've been away for what seems like forever and there's no excuse, not even the fact that I got married and went on vacation right after. Even though I was busy, I was shopping my way through it and I should have posted.

But now I'm back, I'm settled (nothing's different by the way) and I am shopping and concealing my purchases. You would think I was an alchy hiding my bottles, I suppose you could equate the two, accept my addiction usually comes wrapped in perfect boxes, or bags with an Italian name written across the packaging.

"No oooo's till fall" is a phrase J and I came up with while honeymooning in Paris. He would get to drag me along to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame and I in turn, would walk past a boutique window, see a gorgeous pair of Michel Perry pumps or an Antik Batik wool coat and say, "ooooo..." At first, he found it endearing and would even accompany me inside and more often then not, pay for the item(s) I fell in love with.

Because weddings in New York aren't cheap, and because the Euro pulverized our Dollar while we were Paris, we agreed that I wouldn't make any purchases until fall. Hence, "no ooooo's till fall!"

But who was I kidding to commit to something I clearly am not able to? So, this is my friendly and hopefully cute way of warning him about the influx of packages that are about to arrive at our apartment. And if he's smart, he'll welcome them with open arms or the John Varvatos tie I got for him will go right back!

No comments: